Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years' Sparklers

December 31, 2010 - January 1, 2011
New Year’s Eve Party!
Got ready 15 minutes before we left. I was so not ready. My hair was undone, my face was just a mess, and i had to change and pack as fast as i could.
Re-cap. I went Christmas shopping a few days after i got back from Cali. Bought a slouchy pale-striped dolman sweater (super cute), and a floral 3/4 sleeve baby doll top at F21. Then i got a pair of $10 jeans at Charlotte. I used the $20 gift card but it sucked ‘cause when i got there, there were barely any decent clothes left. They were re-stocking and selling everything they could to make way for new arrivals. Bummer. I kept bugging my dad to buy me a uke.
Morning of Dec. 31st, i got my ukulele. So happy. I was too busy tuning it, and at the same time, cleaning the house, so i could not get ready for the party later that night.
Party: Food, Outrageous developments, sweet compliments about my newly cut fringe, games - charades, treasure hunt (found the hidden cup and won for once), naming game (Female names starting with the letter A, vegetables, states, fruits, body parts - a face off between me and ulrich which ended in rock-paper-scissors since my words were too advanced and i was basically giving him some answers as well, i lost), shoe race (i won), balloon dancing game (me and partner won), balloon popping game (we could’ve won since i was the only one who followed the rules and picked up the popped balloon remnants), trivia game (won the first time), family feud (on dvd), firecrackers, jumping, sparklers. Yipee.
My camera worked wonders and cooperated well with the colorful balloons (but of course, it also depended on who took the picture).