Thursday, March 24, 2011

There's a point in time

..when you realize you've changed - for the better.


I’ve honestly changed - mentally. It’s not a sudden change, but i’ve realized this over time. Even though i look young for my age, my mind is different. I don’t fuss over little things, I don’t complain over trivial matters, I don’t make up lies to impress people, nor do i impress people who are not worth it. I no longer hold grudges and before i know it, i’ve already forgotten them. I try not to judge anyone, and i know for a fact that i’ve improved on that. I’m not the type to fall into peer pressure. I do things i want and what i know is right. Whenever my friend would talk crap about someone’s appearance/personality/reputation, im not the one to agree with them. Instead, i say things like “Aw i feel bad for her”, “I don’t know him personally so i can’t say the same thing about him”, and what hits them the most is when i say “I don’t want to judge her/him”. I’m a lot more honest, responsible, and truthful now. I’ve learned not to depend on others when i know i can handle simple things like that. Im always known as the ‘little girl’ but i act a lot more mature than most of my friends. I handle situations in a way i know best. Killing them with kindness. I confront them honestly and go straight to the point i want to come across. Thinking back, i’ve only achieved this because i have been through so much. It’s because of my experiences and mistakes - especially when it comes to friendships, that i have been through different kinds of stereotypes and positions. I know that i am still so young and i have a lot more to learn about life. I still have a lot to go through, more struggles and pain to overcome, achievements and goals to succeed, and i know that i have to stay humble and true to myself. And i think i am ready for that. I’ve grown, and I’ve matured and realizing this makes me feel good.