Saturday, April 16, 2011

Belle, Beast & Gaston

April 11 - 16, 2011
This past week has been great, for the most part. Staying after school (after 12:15) is always the funnest. You meet all kinds of people, and our little group is all so different and diverse. I learn a lot just by being around them, sharing different opinions and views about everything. This year, i’ve made a resolution to cherish every friendship made. After writing that problem-solution essay, i’ve realized that i need to appreciate people more, understand where they are coming from, and avoid any forms of judgment and criticisms.
The start of the week, however, i wasn’t feeling all that well. I’ve had the colds, and unknowingly, i had a fever of 102 degrees last tuesday. It was funny because, i wanted to skip my 5th hour class to sleep in the nurse’s office (so i can save my energy for after school and dance later that night). Turns out, i had to explain myself to the nurse and she checked my temperature. She quickly told me that i need to go home immediately. I didn’t want to, of course. She called my mother, i told her i could stay til after school, but apparently, my ‘cold’ was worse than i thought. I felt fine though, really. So i told my friend, she took my duffel bag, stayed in the counseling with 2 other girls, waited outside, and my uncle picked me up. I slept as soon as i got home.
I was basically sick the whole week, but that didn’t stop me from having to take 2 major tests, and dancing. Thursday, i went to dance practice and learned a short routine to Cat Daddy. It was easy to learn and sure as hell fun. School was a lot of fun too. GC made me a name card with doodles all over it; fire drill and i walked with 2 of my friends and saw more on the way; threw hearts and gang signs from across the field and the teacher questioned me for that - t’was all good though; reading Hamlet; stealing hershey kisses from the counseling office; spam song; crazy acts of monty; security guard wanting to fight kung fu with me and SC; DB singing Love by Nat King Cole; talking about mellow songs, planning duets with RZ; MNM’s increasingly amazing style day by day; and along with m’s gorgeous smiles; mysterious asian kid i see in the hall with so much swag; weil’s funny class; american idol rants; guide to swag dictionary; overdose on food; potluck at lunch (GC brought turkey sandwich, i brought salad and desert).
Watching our school play, Beauty and the Beast tomorrow.
------------------------------------------
Garage sale in our neighborhood, walked around 7am, bought a vintage camera for $4, sold 2 bicycles, my aeropostale long sleeve, and a soccer ball. Me and my little cousin both earned $11 each. Big whoop. Those old ladies were taking advantage of us and asked to reduce the prices, my cousin, however, was a big pushover. Bleh.
At 1:30, drove to school with GC to watch the school musical “Beauty and the Beast” Met up with KD, RZ, LK. Bought some cookies, saw some old theatre friends, including my humongo giant friend, SW. took pictures with the cast, the play was AMAZING. Beyond a high school production, their costumes were fantastic, the stage, the setting, the props, and of course, the singing! CT was matinee belle and her voice was lovely, she was perfect for belle. The guys could sing too, i was pretty surprised. AJ as Gaston was the funniest. The beast had so much makeup, the prince after he transformed was this cute little underclassman who got to kiss CT, while her real life bf was backstage. Dayuuum. Got some yogurt right after.
PS: Im the girl with the striped shirt.